Big Blue Saw has focused on bringing our customers the best online waterjet service available. I'm often asked by friends and potential customers why we use waterjet cutting to make our parts. The waterjet cutting process offers several advantages:
- Waterjet cutting works with a wide variety of materials, including nearly all plastics and metals.
- The stock material is mostly unaffected by the cutting process. Little heat, for example, is generated by a waterjet cutter.
- Nearly any two dimensional shape can be cut from stock material.
- The accuracy is high enough for most ordinary purposes.
- You can design parts using common 2D CAD or drawing programs, making it more accessible to non-specialists.
- Its easy operation and simple design lower costs.